Basketball / Camp
Thank you for visiting the Southern Eagles Basketball Officials Association site. If you are interested in becoming a basketball official please visit the "New Officials" link above.
GHSA Post-Season Camp
Camp Directors Gene Sherry and Ryan Wingers are hosting a GHSA Post-Season Credit Camp June 20 - 22 in Statesboro, GA. This camp will be in collaboration with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) boy's high school camp.
Please check back at a later date for more information regarding registration, payment, and camp specifics.
If you have immediate questions please email Ryan Wingers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Payment
To complete registration for the GHSA Post-Season Camp in Statesboro, GA from June 20 - 22 follow the steps below. Please note your camp registration will not be complete until full payment is received. Registration deadline is (10) days prior to the start of camp.
***Registration will be limited to the first 60 individuals who complete the registration form and have payment received.***
1. Complete the registration form for the "Georgia Southern University - Basketball" camp (linked here: Online Registration). Visit the GHSA Camp Website (linked here - ghsa.net) for a full list of camps.
2. Submit payment of $150.00 via check or credit card. For checks please make payable to Southern Eagle Basketball Officials and mail to: 713 Ogeechee Dr. East, Statesboro, GA 30461. Credit cards click button below.
Camp Details and Preparation
- We are not providing hotel or accommodations (assignments will be done by 6 PM each night)
- To receive camp credit it is expected all officials will stay for the entire camp.
Location: All activities will be at the Recreation Activity Center (RAC) on Georgia Southern's campus.
- 2687 Bunny Akins Blvd, Statesboro, GA 30458
Here are a few details in preparation for camp:
- Expected attire for camp is:
- Classroom = comfortable clothes
- On-court = black shoes, shorts, GHSA basketball stripes, and whistle
- Items to bring: rule book, writing utensil, and note book
- Check-in is from 9 AM - 10 AM on Thursday, June 20 at the RAC
- We will meet starting at 10 AM Thursday and begin officiating games Thursday after lunch.
- Food will be provided for Thursday lunch and dinner, Friday lunch and dinner, and Saturday lunch.
- Assignments will be concluded by 6 PM each night.
Schedule of Events
Brian Fitzgerald Emanuel Bryson Landen Cammack
Chris Copeland Frankie Harper Laney Nelms
Craig Hubbard Gene Sherry Nick Cochran
Denise Brown Greg Smith Rick Fisher
Derick Taylor Jill Poole Tommie Mcarthur
Drew Bruton Kevin Scott - NBA Official Zach Weyher