Basketball / Camp
Thank you for visiting the Southern Eagles Basketball Officials Association site. If you are interested in becoming a basketball official please visit the "New Officials" link above.
GHSA Post-Season Camp
Camp Directors Gene Sherry and Ryan Wingers are hosting a GHSA Post-Season Credit Camp June 18 - 20, 2020 in Statesboro, GA. This camp will be in collaboration with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) boy's high school camp.
Please see below for more information regarding registration, payment, and camp specifics. Camp registration will open late spring or early summer.
If you have immediate questions please email Ryan Wingers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Payment
To complete registration for the GHSA Post-Season Camp in Statesboro, GA from June 18 - 20, 2020 follow the steps below. Please note your camp registration will not be complete until full payment is received. Registration deadline is (10) days prior to the start of camp.
***Registration will be limited to the first 60 individuals who complete the registration form and have payment received.***
1. Complete the registration form for the "Georgia Southern University - Basketball" camp (linked here: Online Registration). Visit the GHSA Camp Website (linked here - ghsa.net) for a full list of camps. **These links will be updated once the 2020 camps are released on the GHSA website.**
2. Submit payment of $150.00 via check or credit card. For checks please make payable to Southern Eagle Basketball Officials and mail to: 713 Ogeechee Dr. East, Statesboro, GA 30461. Credit cards click button below.
Camp Details and Preparation
- We are not providing hotel or accommodations (assignments will be done by 6 PM each night)
- See list of local hotels below
- To receive camp credit it is expected all officials will stay for the entire camp.
Location: All activities will be at the Recreation Activity Center (RAC) on Georgia Southern's campus.
- 2687 Bunny Akins Blvd, Statesboro, GA 30458
Here are a few details in preparation for camp:
- The week of camp be on the look-out for an email with instructions to set-up your parking pass. All vehicles require an electronic parking pass.
- Expected attire for camp is:
- Classroom = comfortable clothes
- On-court = black shoes, shorts, GHSA basketball stripes, and whistle
- Items to bring: rule book, writing utensil, and note book
- Check-in is from 9 AM - 10 AM on Thursday, June 18, 2020 at the RAC
- We will meet at 10 AM Thursday and begin officiating games Thursday after lunch.
- Food will be provided for Thursday lunch and dinner, Friday lunch and dinner, and Saturday lunch.
- Assignments will conclude by 6 PM each night.
Schedule of Events (2019)
Brian Fitzgerald Emanuel Bryson Landen Cammack
Chris Copeland Frankie Harper Laney Nelms
Craig Hubbard Gene Sherry Nick Cochran
Denise Brown Greg Smith Rick Fisher
Derick Taylor Jill Poole Tommie Mcarthur
Drew Bruton Kevin Scott - NBA Official Zach Weyher
- Holiday Inn Statesboro University-Area
- 455 Commerce Dr, Statesboro, GA 30458 • (912) 489-4545
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- 105 Springhill Dr, Statesboro, GA 30458 • (912) 489-0000
- Hampton Inn Statesboro
- 350 Brampton Ave, Statesboro, GA 30458 • (912) 489-8989
- Holiday Inn Express
- 427 S Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458 • (912) 205-5999
- Days Inn by Windham
- 616 Fair Rd, Statesboro, GA 30458 • (912) 225-0204
***Linked here is a Google listing of hotels in the area (click here).***